Strategic Acquisition Advisory
You don’t need a full-time development professional: we know the markets, and have national networks of associated M&A advisors. Valley Valuation provides the following services on a contract basis:
Phase I: Planning
- We’ll get to know your company and how you want to grow. We’ll work with you to develop acquisition criteria. We conduct research to develop a list of target companies. Searches can be local, regional, national or international in scope.
Phase II: Deal Sourcing
- Our team conductsthe search process for you, and interviews responsive owners. This usually produces multiple acquisition opportunities.
Phase III: Discovery, Analysis & Negotiations
- We make introductions and facilitate confidentiality agreements, site visits and information gathering. We can negotiate a letter of intent on your behalf. We can also provide sanity checks and business valuation services.
Phase IV: Due diligence, transaction closing, integration
- We oversee and run the due diligence process and closing phases, coordinate the work of others, and keep your deal on track for a successful closing.
Platform Acquisition Search
Valley Valuations conducts acquisition searches on behalf of qualified buyers to acquire platform companies on a stand-alone basis. Clients may include:
- Private equity groups, aka PEGs
- Family offices
- Businesses looking to diversify
- Corporate executives seeking business ownership
Acquiring a Business for Sale Offered by Valley Valuations
Experienced buyers recognize the value that an experienced, ethical and professional intermediary (or M&A advisor or business broker) brings to a deal; even when that intermediary represents the seller! We help you by analyzing and presenting relevant business information and bringing transparency to the process, facilitating the process, anticipating problems, and being an unemotional conduit between you and the seller. When you purchase a business for sale that Valley Valuations offers, here is how you benefit:
- A Process – Based on years of M&A brokerage experience, we offer you an effective and transparent process for buying the business.
- Screening– We review your needs, background and funding options. We make our own assessment of fit and confirm both parties’ commitment to moving ahead in the process. When we don’t think a business for sale is right for you we’ll tell you.
- Confidentiality– Maintaining confidentiality in acquisitions is in your best interest as a prospective new owner. Our process is designed to protect sensitive information.
- Discovery– You’ll receive a detailed Confidential Information Memorandum (CIM) (aka deal book) from us that lays out important facts and figures of the business. The CIM analyzes a company’s financial statements and covers its history, customers and markets, competition, operations, personnel, facilities, key contract summaries, fixed assets, intangible assets, strategic relationships, identifiable opportunities, industry, and more. We want you to be able to make a fast and final decision; and we therefore strive for accuracy, transparency and balance in the information presented.
- Productive Meetings– After you absorb the CIM and we answer questions and confirm fit, we can facilitate a productive site visit and owner meeting.
- Negotiations– We facilitate effective negotiations to reach agreement on important deal terms. We can assist with a letter of intent or offer to purchase with appropriate contingencies.
- Due Diligence– In-depth due diligence investigations begin after a letter of intent or contingent purchase agreement is reached. We organize, schedule and facilitate; which saves you time and accelerates the process.
- Financing– When required, we work with debt and equity capital sources. Our knowledge of what these parties need, and what they can and can’t do, increases your chance of success and saves you time.
- Project Management– We work closely with attorneys, accountants and other specialists throughout the acquisition process. We can collaborate with your team and keep things moving and on track.
- Summary — a professional sell-side M&A advisor (or business broker, intermediary or investment banker) saves buyers time, effort and money, and increases the likelihood of a successful close.
Other Services for Buyers
Independent Business Valuation
- Situation: Sanity check. You want to acquire a business for sale directly from an owner or through another broker, but don’t know if the price is reasonable. An independent business valuation will either validate your purchase price, give you a new basis for negotiations, or save you from making a big mistake.
- Situation: You have an interested seller, but need help negotiating and structuring the deal, and managing the process. Valley Valuations can negotiate on your behalf and help preserve your relationship with the seller.